MiniMe Pet

Frame 305(5)


Daffodils are beautiful, colorful flowers with trumpet shape and can be found as decorative plant in many gardens and homes. But some dog owners might be concerned are daffodils poisonous to dogs if they come in contact with it.

Because the plant contains contain toxic alkaloids, particularly in the form of lycorine, the daffodils are considered toxic to dogs.But what about bulbs and leaves? Are daffodil bulbs poisonous to dogs? Are daffodil leaves toxic to dogs? As all the parts of daffodils plant contain toxic alkaloids, the bulbs and leaves are also harmful to dogs so you should make sure your pet doesn’t come in contact with the plant and avoid ingestion.If you suspect that your dog has ingested daffodils or any part of the plant, it is important to contact your veterinarian immediately. The veterinarian will be able to assess your dog’s condition and provide appropriate treatment.