MiniMe Pet

Frame 305(5)

ADVERTISING

If your dog has eaten a chocolate chip cookie, it’s important to act quickly as chocolate can be toxic to dogs. Chocolate contains a compound called theobromine, which dogs cannot metabolize as efficiently as humans.

This can lead to a buildup of theobromine in their system, which can cause a range of symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and in severe cases, even death.

can dogs eat chocolate chip cookies

So what to do if my dog ate a chocholate cookie? If you suspect that your dog has eaten a chocolate chip cookie, contact your veterinarian immediately for guidance. They may recommend inducing vomiting, administering activated charcoal, or other treatments depending on the severity of the situation. Prevention is always the best approach when it comes to keeping your dog safe from chocolate and other toxic foods. Keep chocolate and other sweets out of reach of your dog, and be sure to educate yourself on which foods are safe for your dog to eat.